Welcome to the Novel Psychoactive Substances blog.
As you might be able to guess from the name I intend to focus this blog on newer psychoactive substances or those for which there isn’t much information. It’s not intended to be a one-stop shop but I hope to at least provide an insight into compounds Erowid hasn’t been able to cover and Wikipedia can’t cover because of a lack peer-reviewed research.
To ensure that the data I present here can be applied loosely to others, it would be wise for me to provide some information about myself.
Male. Approximately 1.9m tall weighing 70kg. I eat a generally good, low sugar diet and cycle regularly.
I have a background in science and as a result tend to use a fair bit of shorthand. You can check out the glossary if you’re not sure about an abbreviation.
I have a fair bit of experience with a variety of drugs from different classes. My favourite classes are psychedelics and dissociatives, but I still find time for everything else.
Some characteristics which might shed light on some reports.
- I suffer minimal nausea from most drugs.
- I am generally very happy and am in good health across the board.
- My pupils don’t tend to dilate a whole lot from most things. I can still recognise when they are dilated but I never get saucer-pupils.
- I don’t particularly like the effects of alcohol. It makes me nauseous, clouds my thoughts, causes amnesia etc. I do love an occasional pint though.
- I don’t really like cannabis either. It puts me off the ball for a couple of days afterwards and generally doesn’t agree with me.
- I tend to use most drugs very moderately where possible and am keen on informed drug use.
- I react really quite badly to the crash after using DRIs. Phenidates are the worst and I tend to avoid them!