This will hopefully cover any abbreviations and overcomplicated ideas I use in my writing. Unfortunately I don’t always write with the simplest terms so just ask if there’s something you feel should be added here. I will build it as I use terms.
- Sweet spot – The dose at which a drug is best enjoyed. Some drugs are naturally not intense and attempts to make them so will result in excessive side effects and potential health risks.
- MDAI, for example is best enjoyed around 100-150mg where it provides a slight mood lift and psychedelia. It is not best used at the same intensity as MDMA or 2C-E.
- A controversial one: Alcohol has health benefits and a pleasant buzz in low doses, but larger amounts bring unpleasant side effects and health risks.
- DRA – Dopamine Releasing Agent
- DRI – Dopamine Reuptake Inhibitor
- NDRI – Norepinephrine Dopamine Reuptake Inhibitor
- NE – Norepinephrine (noradrenaline), a neurotransmitter involved in the “fight or flight” response.
- SAR – Structure Activity Relationship, the relationship between chemical structure and pharmacological activity.
- SSRI – Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor